Saturday 25 November 2017

Langkawi Holiday Day 2, Part 2.






11th August 2017. Day 2, Part 2.


At the motel, it took us quite a while to shower, pray and rest for a little bit before going out for lunch. It was only until around 2.30 pm, that we were all ready to head to Laman Padi for lunch. And as I mentioned in my last post, the island hopping activity that morning made us extremely hungry.
We arrived at Laman Padi and noticed there were not many cars parked at their parking space. We were quite baffled, whether it was still open or whether we had driven to the wrong entrance. Luckily I saw somebody there and he confirmed that the restaurant was located at the back of the building.


The entrance


FYI, Laman Padi does not only consist of a restaurant but actually the main attraction there is the museum. More information on the location and reviews of Laman Padi could be read here.
At that time we were the only ones there. I was feeling a bit doubtful. I asked myself; “I thought this is a popular spot to eat in Langkawi. Why aren’t there anyone around? Is the food any good?” Well, this was most probably because we were there at 3 pm for LUNCH – who eats lunch at 3, right? Haha.


The place looked nice and cosy. It had an indoor area where you can enjoy your meal but the main attraction there was the small ‘huts’ (I don’t know the actual term for it) located outdoors. The ‘huts’ were placed over the green paddy field. The view was lush and the ‘huts’ were perfect for families or group of friends like us (could fit up to 8 people) to have a private meal together. So we chose to have lunch at that spot!


The main dining area


Path leading to the 'huts'

We picked this one! Had a fan too!


We ordered a set meal and it cost us around RM80 for it. The food looked delish! Also, we love how they put everything together in a huge plate. With the ambience – sitting on the floor, surrounded by the green paddy field with the wind blowing softly made us feel like we were in the kampung (village). I loved it. However, the management should really think of refurbishing the place to make it well maintained and stand out a little bit more.


Yummy!


Would be nice to have meals with this view once in a while :)


We ate like cavemen that had been out hunting since dawn LOL. Don’t judge us! The last time we ate was the 7 am breakfast! The dishes were simple, but tasty! With a little bit of this and a little bit of that, we really liked it. They were all dishes of what we usually have at home. Like I said just now, we didn’t feel like we were eating at a restaurant, but at our kampung backyard! It was indeed a very nice experience.


Minutes later, we were all full and satisfied! The next thing to do was to get to our next destination: The Upsidow.


…………………………………………………………………………………………………………


The Upsidow is an upside down concept house and one of the latest attractions in Langkawi. My ex-colleague, Ayu who moved to Langkawi mid last year, had been working there and been directly involved with the establishment of Upsidow.


Initially I just wanted to make a quick stop and see her for a bit. It was a working day and I didn’t want us to get in her way doing her job. But, knowing that I was there on the island, she invited my friends and me to check the project out.



Upsidow!


As we arrived at there – easy to find once you spot the big white contena with a huge Upsidow signboard written across it, I immediately looked for her. She was at one of the stalls and she came out once spotted me getting out of the car. I hadn’t seen her in months! I missed her. She was the person that I used to talk a lot with when I first joined the company that I am working at. So her departure from the company was a bummer.


I smiled and gave her a hug! Ayu, being her usual self was so welcoming and friendly. She could be a bit direct as well and she didn’t seemed to change – except that she had gotten a little bit tanned and thinner.


She then took the time to explain a little bit about Upsidow – how the work started and all. She also shared some stories about living AND WORKING in Langkawi which I didn’t intend to share here. Hehe.


After catching up for about 20 minutes, she invited us in to the building. The ticket price was RM 25 per adult – I know it may seemed a bit pricey but honest to God, it was worth it! When we got inside I was just amazed with how everything was structured and set out. It was consisted of two levels and the decoration was like a really nice home.


There was also a family who were there with us and the kids seemed really excited with everything they were seeing. I totally recommend to visit this place. A nice activity rather than just enjoying the beach hehe.  


My first time entering an upside down concept house. I was hoping none of these would fell off on me LOL


The interior of the house was cool! Even more lavish than mine LOL


One of the staff really caught my attention. She was an intern from the International Islamic University. She was very friendly and she really took the effort to make sure we were enjoying ourselves there. She even ‘forced’ me to get some photos taken. Hehe I even put up a good word for her to Ayu. I wanted to acknowledge the good and positive things done by her so that others could follow.  


It was taking us longer than I had planned for us to be there. I was excited to see the Upsidow but my friends…. my dear friends acted as if they had never seen anything that was upside down before! They were like kids. Maybe they had forgotten that they‘re in their late 20s :P. But that was just a proof that Ayu and her team made a really good job working on the project. For more information and feedback on Upsidow, you could read here.


I should learn how to use at oilet properly :P


Snap ...


... and rotate twice. Btw this is how I feel everytime I'm sleepy at work. Bed... unreachable...


Snap ...

... and rotate twice. My favourite part of the house.


We had nothing planned after that. But it was getting late so we thought it’d be best to head back to the motel and rest a bit before dinner time. But we decided to make a quick stop to shop a few gamat (sea cucumber) products to bring home. If you are not aware of what gamat is, you can have a quick read here.


Sad to say goodbye to Ayu. Proud of what she did with this place!


...................................................................................................................................................................


“Hmmm the shopping begins,” I said to myself. There were tonnes of products from soaps, shampoo, to male enhancement products. I had a few stuff to buy for my mom and girlfriend. Buying stuff for my mom was easy – she told me specifically what she wanted. But I had to make a couple of returns to the shop as my girlfriend kept on adding the products for me to get her – initially she asked me to buy 2 – 3 items, but I ended up buying 7 different items. Hehehe #SheControlsMe #IAmPowerless #GrumpyIlyEqualsDangerousIly


This size will last for 5 zillion years I guess


I know what you're thinking: No, the pharaohs did not build this.

Minyak Belacak - google what this is for. Go ahead.

Minyak Lintah - google for this one as well. 


After shopping we headed back to the motel to change and pray. Around 8.30 pm we all got together again and took a walk in Chenang again. No shopping that night. Just enjoying the nightlife a bit. We even entered Chenang Mall just to see what it was like there.  


We had no dinner plans – we weren’t really that hungry as we had a late lunch. But we HAD to eat or we’d starve in the middle of the night. We thought it over McDonalds’ Sundae Cone (somehow it cost a few cents more in Chenang compared to KL). Before that in Chenang Mall, we were contemplating whether we should just settle for KFC, but no one budged to make the first move haha. We then crossed by a Ramly burger truck and agreed to have dinner there. Once in a while, when you had no idea on what to eat, a Ramly burger would always be one of the best choices for food. Quick, simple and delicious!


After dinner, we walked back to the motel and before we call it a night we sat down together to share photos taken for that day – as per the night before.


…………………………………………………………………………………………………………


The second day was very productive and the most definitely fun. I really enjoyed every bit of the activities we had gone through. If I were to leave Langkawi that night, I’d be all satisfied and happy. But, we still have the third day. The final day. We saved that for a lot of chocolate shopping. Trust me. More on that, later.


To be continued …

No comments:

Post a Comment